Hi, I’m Eric
I have been studying and exploring martial arts, exercise science, and healing arts for 23 years. For the last 15 years I have focused my martial arts training on the Chinese martial arts because of their focus on self-defense, health, meditation, and inner transformation. While I have trained in a variety of different martial arts, I currently teach classes in Hwa Yu Tai Chi Ch’uan, Bagua Zhang, and Yon Ch’uan Martial Arts. I have been blessed with the opportunity to learn from amazing instructors including Tom Bisio, Glenn Newth, Robert Xavier and Dan Inosanto. In addition to martial arts instruction, I also have 12 years experience in the fitness industry and am a certified personal trainer with both the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
Additionally, I have been working as a Physical Education teacher, athletic director, and coach in public and private schools for over 10 years. I currently teach private sports and games classes to elementary and middle school children that are designed to enhance physical, emotional, and social development. I am also a graduate of the Spacial Dynamics Institute, a 5-year training course that teaches a holistic approach to Movement Education, and the ability to educate children in a developmentally appropriate way.
My experience includes:
• Studying Marital Arts Since 1997
• 3rd Degree Black Belt in Yon Ch’uan Martial Arts
• Hwa Yu Tai Chi Certified Instructor since 2010 under Glenn Newth
• Student of Ba Gua Zhang under Tom Bisio since 2010
• Foundational Level Ba Gua Zhang Instructor since 2016
• Student of Xing Yi Chuan under Tom Bisio since 2015
• Integrative Manual Therapy (IMT) practitioner since 2010
• Certified Personal Trainer with National Academy of Sports Medicine
and American College of Sports Medicine since 2008
• Corrective Exercise Specialist with the National Academy of Sports Medicine
• Graduate of the Spacial Dynamics 5 year Level 1 Training